- Jeffrey Lane, assistant prof of communicaton, Rutgers school of comm & info
- "communication and technology as it relates to urban life, criminal justice, and social inequalities"
- In person and online ethnography
- "current streams of research include social media as evidence in criminal court, the role of gender in school discipline, and a visual study of perceptions of Harlem"
- Sociology Wesleyan (B.A.), Princeton (M.A., Ph.D.)
- 'His interest grew in college when he became fascinated by urban ethnography, the “tradition of participant observation of city life.”'
"Lane's previous book, Under the Boards (University of Nebraska Press) focuses on the production of race, masculinity, and popular culture in the basketball industry"
- This book seems to be his dissertation though
- First book published in 2007, M.A. received in 2009
Intro - Ch. 3