- Ethics is always happening
- Informed consent: someone can sign a form but not understand it
- Pseudonyms; deductive de-identification
- The way he describes his messages to new FB friends, how he screenshots and shows their posts, etc. seems awkward, even socially abrupt
- Earning right to be somewhere
- Why interview at Columbia?
- Access from invisibility, backstage
- "You should be thinking about how you think about it"
- "gained prestige, a book in his tenure binder, speaking invites, being seen as an expert, getting the opp to train more graduate students to do digital ethnographies ………"
- "Take my methods class if you want to talk more :)"